Happiness is not a station to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-Margaret Lee Runbeck

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tyler ~ Our Kindergartner


Last week I went to my first Parent/Teacher Conference as the "Parent" not the "Teacher." I can't believe my "baby boy" is in Kindergarten already--time is going WAY too FAST!! It still seems like just yesterday I was in my third grade classroom, just teaching away. I loved teaching third grade and miss it at times, but it does NOT even compare to the joys of being a MOM! I am very grateful that I get to stay home and be a Mom. I have an awesome husband who supports our family-I am very blessed! THANK YOU TROY!!! So anyway, Tyler is in Kindergarten and he absolutely LOVES it!! Before I went, I told Tyler where I was going and what I was going for and he got this nervous look on his face and said, "What is she going to say about me?" It was fun to hear his teacher talk about him. She says he is a joy to have in class and does well in his learning. There is however, one thing he could work on, which I TOTALLY agree with her, she said he could work on listening the "first" time a little better. I seem to have that problem at home as well--sometimes I think my children have a little bit of what do you call it--"selective hearing"-must of got that from their Dad!! We are working on the whole "listening problem" at home--hopefully we can master that soon. He also needs a little work on the whole rhyming deal, so we are working on that as well. Other than that he really is doing well and enjoying all that he is learning. He knows all his letters and sounds and can count to 50. He is even beginning to sound out words and read and spell them. The other day, I was doing dishes and he came to me and said, "Mom, I know how to spell cat, C-A-T and stop, S-T-O-P." It is very exciting to watch him grow and learn. Tyler is a joy to have in our family and we love him very much! He is a big helper to me and I really do love and appreciate him.

1 comment:

dianeb said...

I LOOOOVE THAT SMILE!!!