Happiness is not a station to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-Margaret Lee Runbeck

Saturday, November 29, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love this time of year--there is so much to be thankful for. I am so very thankful for my family. I have a wonderful husband, who is so good to me. I am very grateful to know that we are together for eternity! Troy and I have five beautiful and healthy children that I am so VERY thankful for. We truly are blessed. We both have the most amazing parents that are the BEST examples to us and now our children. I am so thankful for my parents--I know I would not be the person I am today, if it wasn't for EVERYTHING they taught me. I love my parents very much. I also have 5 brothers and sisters (and their spouses) that I love very much!! I am so very blessed to be apart of the Thompson family. I always tell people that I am very lucky--I have the best in laws ever! Troy's parents are some of the most amazing people I know. I love them very much and am very thankful for all they do for our family. I am also thankful for Troy's brothers and sister (and their spouses) they are the absolute best. Our children are very blessed, they have two sets of AWESOME grandparents and LOTS of fun cousins!
This was the year we spent it with the Brinkerhoff Family. We have our Thanksgiving dinner at the Stake Center now, we have outgrown Mom & Dad's house. There are 40 of us total when we all get together (28 of those are kids between the ages of 16 and 6 weeks), so needless to say, it is very entertaining and LOUD!! We have a very fun and energetic family. It was a fun day just to hang out and visit. Even though each of my siblings and their family's live close, it still seems like we don't ALL get together very often~trying to work with everyone's different schedules, it gets difficult. We had a VERY YUMMY Thanksgiving dinner--thanks MOM!! She is amazing when it comes to putting on a dinner for our family!! We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, corn, rolls, stuffing, pistachio salad, and of course pie and ice cream!! Grandma even brought root beer and made root beer floats for the Grandkids~she knew they would like that better than pies!! Talk about 28 grandkids that are SPOILED by their Grandma & Grandpa!! We had a great day and created some fun memories!!

1 comment:

Dana Williams said...

Wow! That is a lot of people. I am so glad that I didn't have to plan that get together. Your mom is amazing to do that kind of work. :)