Happiness is not a station to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-Margaret Lee Runbeck

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kara is SPOOKED!!

As I grew up, our family had the tradition that Santa comes back on New Years Eve and leaves a 'family gift.' He is on his way back to the North Pole and he will drop off one last present if we had been good. Troy and I have continued this tradition with our family.

So the kids were sitting around the table eating breakfast and Tyler announced, "Santa is coming back tonight!" Kara got this terrified look on her face and replied, "NO, he is gone!" Tyler and Brandon went on to talk about how excited they were for Santa to come back!! It was then quiet and they continued to eat their breakfast in silence. Kara then announced, "Well, I am NOT sitting on his lap!" Brandon said, "Kara, why don't you like Santa?" She then reassured Brandon that she liked Santa, she just didn't like to sit on his lap! Kara said, "Santa is a NICE GUY, I just don't want to sit on his lap!!" I just sat back and listened and laughed!! Kids are funny!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

What a fun tradition! I always love hearing about the other things families do because we haven't really started any traditions with our family. Hopefully Kara isn't awake all night listening for Santa!

Jamie said...

she is so funny....I bet she likes his presents though! I think it is a good thing she doesn't want to sit on an old guy/stranger/creep's lap! :)